Guidelines for Proposals
“More Art Everywhere: Branches in Your Not-For-Profit Space”
I am inviting not-for-profit organizations in the Willamette Valley (Portland to Cottage Grove) to apply for the donation of (and become the sole proprietor of) six of my paintings from the series “Branches”.
Your one page request sent via email to Julie Loquidis, email@example.com should explain:
1. What your organization’s mission is (I am not looking for a particular fit, although inevitably some organizations may emerge as better fits as I make the final choice);
2. Why you would like the donation. This is a good place to be passionate and mention if you intend to invite other artists to show in your space (which is not a requirement of this proposal, but helps);
3. Most importantly, I need to know that you are committed to providing an adequate viewing experience for my artwork and possibly in future for work of other artists. Tell me what you have and what you will provide if awarded the series. The minimum requirements are, as in the picture in my studio:
4. Transportation: you will need to provide transportation of the 6 paintings (each is 6 ft. x 5 ft. x 1.5”) from my studio in Cottage Grove to your location;
5. Sales: The paintings are yours as a permanent collection, or, if you choose, to sell while on display or auction after a reasonable amount of time on display. I suggest a sale price of $1500 each and I would consider your payment of 50% of sales to me appropriate.
Timeline: I will accept proposals through July 8, 2015. As I receive proposals, I may request a follow-up phone call and site visit. A final decision will be made by July 15, 2015.
Please keep in touch with us by liking our Facebook page “Julie & Brinsley”
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to your proposal.